[Localization] Pootle feature request - date of the last change

Markus Schlager m.slg at gmx.de
Mon Jul 21 17:44:20 EDT 2008

Hi Bastien,

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008, Bastien wrote:

> on the project page this would be great to have a column with the date
> of the last change.  Even the name of the user would be nice, but this
> is not as critical.

The name of the last translator is recorded within the po-file.
Just open it in your browser or with an ordinary text-editor. You'll find
the name within the first ten lines.

Being language admin for German where there are quite some translators
registered (most of whom I don't know at all) I'd be happy if there were
log-files about the change-history accessible. At some point part of the
German translation got messed up whence there was need to inquire who did
that. Also, with huge projects like eToys there's only little chance for
me to realize changes. Unfortunately suggest doesn't work reliably, whence
quite a lot people have translate-privileges.

It would be great, if language-admins could see, how active translators
are. This could help adjust privileges and discuss translations.

Markus