[Localization] [translate-pootle] Pootle feature request - date of the last change

Bastien bzg at laptop.org
Mon Jul 21 19:08:53 EDT 2008

Dwayne Bailey <dwayne at translate.org.za> writes:

> There is such a change in the mozootle branch.  But let me put this on
> its head.  What would you/do you do with such information?

A basic scenario: you translate a few strings from Pootle website, then
decide to edit the .po by hand and to upload it later.  If "later" is
"three days later", then you might want to check whether someone has
been working on this project in the meantime.  If you see your name in
the "last modification made by"-column, then bingo!  No need to worry,
it's safe to upload.

More generally, I tend to think of Pootle as some structured wiki over a
Concurrent versioning system.  Information about the date and the author
seems as useful here as it is in any project.  You get a better sense of
who is doing what, and since you don't trust everyone at the same rate,
then you know where to double-check and where to blindly accept.

--
Bastien