[Localization] Etoys

Bastien bzg at altern.org
Wed Jul 9 12:00:56 EDT 2008

Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> writes:

>> So, I can see nothing wrong with having a clickable thumbnail allowing
>> you to get a better idea of the meaning of a string.
>>
>> Whether Pootle people want to consider this idea is another issue, of
>> course.
>
> And who exactly would make these screenshots?

The Etoys devel team, for example.
Or maybe you, me, and the "community".

If 1 screenshot spares 100 questions by 100 translators (and, say, 50
answers by the devel team), then I think it might be useful.

This idea occurred to my while I was asking myself: okay, let's split
these huge .po files.  But on what ground?  Alphabetical order?  If you
somehow chose a less arbitrary way of splitting the .po files, then one
screenshot can be associated with many strings.

--
Bastien