[Localization] Web site .po files in Pootle?

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 13:04:44 EST 2008

I agree with what Korakurider has to say. Prime targets for
translation via Pootle include the start pages
http://www.laptop.org/en/laptop/start/, etc. However, the wiki, IMHO
is a target which moves too fast for translators to translate via
Pootle.
For translating the static web pages, I can try to cook up scripts
which break up the text into paragraphs and put the paragraphs into
POT files, and does the reverse.
Cheers,
Sayamindu

On Jan 11, 2008 5:03 PM, Korakurider <korakurider at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi.
> It might be better to use Pootle and gettext tool chain if the document is
> stable one like user manual.
> But I think it isn't good fit at least for informal document like wiki,
> that would kill its light weight nature.   And we as non-English
> speaker would have problem
> if only the precise translation of original contents from English to
> other languages is allowed...
>
> Cheers,
> /Korakurider
>

> On Jan 11, 2008 8:11 PM, Alexander Todorov <atodorov at redhat.com> wrote:
> > Good afternoon,
> > I was wondering why don't wiki/web site translations go in Pootle?
> > Is there some technical issue preventing this?
> > IMO this will lead to a standardized work flow for translators, e.g.
> > want to translate -> go to Pootle.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Alexander.

Sayamindu Dasgupta