[Localization] OLPC for reading/writing Japanese

Yuan Chao yuanchao at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 04:04:03 EST 2008

On Jan 8, 2008 1:50 AM, Edward Cherlin <echerlin at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have created a page for SCIM, including the links provided in this
> thread. The current page contains content taken from the Input Methods
> page, and has areas reserved for installing Chinese, Japanese, and
> Korean support. We will want this information in the languages
> concerned and in English (plus whatever other languages this gets
I tried to update the installation and activation part with my
previous experiences. Thought it may be also outdated. I'll check
again after I've got more free time.

> I thought SCIM was part of the builds, but it has disappeared
> recently. I have started a section on installing SCIM, but it needs
AFAIR, SCIM should be still in Fedora 7 repository. So 'yum install
scim' should just work. However, as some dependencies like perl is
totally useless for XO, we'd better have a dedicated version of SCIM.

Thank you very much for the efforts.

--
Best regards,
Yuan Chao