[Localization] OLPC for reading/writing Japanese

dmt dmt at netcom.com
Mon Jan 7 14:06:43 EST 2008

Hello Yuan Chao,

the information on your web page is what got me closest to the result I wanted. Thanks for having created that. In combination with the blog of Tamichan (to which Korakurider referred) and an Inputting Japanese Text in Linux web page (http://home.nyc.rr.com/computertaijutsu/jpninpt.html) I was able to get my OLPC to behave nearly like my old Fujitsu OASYS Lite typewriter.

Perhaps as Walter Bender suggests, it would be useful if your web page formed the basis for a wiki.laptop.org entry. I would be glad to augment it with what I have come up with for Japanese input. Consolidating the knowledge into the wiki would speed things up for others who happen to explore this path.

(BTW, I allowed your email address through the spam filter of the ISP I use. The filter is not smart enough to check for list.laptop.org in the CC: section :-(

Donald Tsusaki