[Localization] OLPC for reading/writing Japanese

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 12:50:12 EST 2008

On Jan 7, 2008 5:15 AM, Walter Bender <walter at laptop.org> wrote:
> It'd be great if you could create a page in the olpc wiki on this topic.

I have created a page for SCIM, including the links provided in this
thread. The current page contains content taken from the Input Methods
page, and has areas reserved for installing Chinese, Japanese, and
Korean support. We will want this information in the languages
concerned and in English (plus whatever other languages this gets
translated to).

I thought SCIM was part of the builds, but it has disappeared
recently. I have started a section on installing SCIM, but it needs
help.

Please check and correct my work.
감사 합니다
ありがとうごさいます。
謝謝

> -walter
>

> On Jan 7, 2008 4:32 AM, Yuan Chao <yuanchao at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Jan 7, 2008 3:19 PM, dmt <dmt at netcom.com> wrote:
> >
> > > do this are not all in one place. I have begun documenting the steps,
> > > which with some variations could also be used to enable Chinese,
> > > Korean, and other languages. How might I be able to contribute this
> > > information to the community?
> > I have written some document to enable Chinese in my web page.
> > However, it's a bit outdated now. I'll update it some time later.
> > http://hep1.phys.ntu.edu.tw/~john/olpc/olpc_in_chinese.html
> >

> > --
> > Best regards,
> > Yuan Chao