[Localization] [Announce] Language Packs (beta)

Satyanarayana Murthy Saladi saladism at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 14:55:18 EST 2008

Hi Sayamindu,
Excellent. This is what I have been looking for. It has not broken anything
and shows all my translations with all the mistakes. I better start
correcting them.
Couple of comments.
We have finished Core and bundle in Telugu, however all the activities are
not showing up in Telugu.
As you are busy with Update-1, I will give a detailed feedback once that is
out of the way.
If I am committing new translation, does your script automatically generate
them or do you do that manually.
If it is automated, or if you post the instructions as to how one can create
that script, I might just stop hassling you. (I am just learning some Shell
scripting.)
Thanks for the good work.
Cheers,
Satya.

On 29/02/2008, Sayamindu Dasgupta <sayamindu at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> In order to make checking translations easier, I have hacked together
> a mechanism to generate language packs  for the languages in Pootle.
> To use a language pack for your language, you will either need an
> emulated XO (http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Emulating_the_XO/Quick_Start)
> or a real one.
>
> Once you are up and running, download the language pack for your
> language (say es_lang_pack.sh for Spanish) from
> http://dev.laptop.org/~sayamindu/langpacks/ into the the XO filesystem
> and run sh es_lang_pack.sh. And _hopefully_ your XO will have all the
> greatest and latest translations for your language. Use the
> sugar-control-panel to change the UI language (eg: sugar-control-panel
> -s language Spanish/Peru).
>
> This is still very experimental, so things may break - be careful
> while using it.
>
> Short term TODO:
> * Add Etoys support
> * Make the pack installation procedure a bit more verbose
>
> Long term TODO:
> * Have support for branches (eg: Update-1, master, etc)
>
> Comments are welcome :-).
> Thanks,
> Sayamindu
>

> --