[Localization] Localization for Haiti (Kreyol)

Marvin Demuth marvindemuth at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 21 13:11:10 EST 2008

At 06:51 AM 2/21/2008, Sayamindu Dasgupta wrote:

>Hi Jude,
>
>Thank you for offering to help out - it's
>awesome to have you with us. We have a pretty
>easy workflow to do the translation.

Jude, replied to Sayamindu, however, everyone
needs to know that the translations are underway.  This was Jude's
message:

"Hi Sayamindu,

>It is my pleasure to participate in this great
>program. I am presently learning more about the program.
>
>I am currently registered through the OLPC
>website and already translated a couple of
>strings. Again there is a lot more for me to
>learn before I can have a better idea of the
>program. And I am glad I have someone out there I can ask questions.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Jude

Jude, sent me a link of his first work.  This is an example:

Cancel this action and start a new session  Anile
aksyon sa epi kòmanse yon nouvo sesyon

Hoorah!  The Creole (Kreyol) translations are underway.

Jude is helping his fellow countrymen.

Thanks to everyone.

Marvin