[Localization] Fonts in XO

Satyanarayana Murthy Saladi saladism at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 06:41:06 EST 2008

Hi Nicolas,
Thanks a lot for the instructions.
I installed Telugu font with "yum install fonts-telugu".
It automatically downloaded Lohit Telugu from repositories. (I wonder why it
was not already installed when shipped, Is it because what I have is an
English XO)
I can confirm that the font problem which I mentioned in my previous e-mail
is replicated in XO as well.
http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/localization/2008-January/000419.html
The Lohit Telugu font displays certain characters wrongly in Ubuntu as well
as XO. Pothana2000 ( which I believe is GPLed) displays correctly in Ubuntu
as well as in XO. I installed it manually as per your instructions.
At the risk of repetition, I am enclosing the images again.
Should I be filing a ticket.

Thanks a lot.