[Localization] Mongolian translations for Etoys

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 10:07:35 EDT 2008

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 7:26 PM,  <enky at mit.edu> wrote:
> Dear E-Toys team,
>
> Elana asked me to translate E-toys into Mongolian. Therefore, I formed the
> team
> of Mongolian professors and translated E-Toys. I worked very hard to
> translate
> it and get many advices from them. I sent the translation directly to E-Toys
> team as well as Mongolian team. Since the time was short, I tried to move on
> next step. We have divided our work. Elana asked me to stay in the city to
> translate E-Toys while rest of the team went to countryside for teacher
> training.
>
>> "Hey thanks for the heads up.  I thought he just sent it to us, and
>> had not submitted it.  I am working on the revision right now.  I'll
>> check online about the translation.  Sorry this guy didn't bother
>> trying to do it right."

H Enkhmunkh,

I don't think there were any complaints with the quality of the
translations. From what I understand from the original mail, there
were syntax errors and formatting problems (the tools that we use for
integrating the translations with our software can be very picky when
it comes to formatting). I have been very impressed with the progress
of the Mongolian team over the past few months, and I'm sure your
translations are linguistically flawless.
We are trying to fix the formatting errors and clean it up, so that it
gets integrated with the software as soon as possible, they have
nothing to do with the quality of your translations :).
Thank you for your wonderful effort.

Thanks again,
Sayamindu

--