[Localization] Spanish variations

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 18:18:19 EDT 2008

Hi,
That would be done by having different projects like es_PE for Peru,
es_UR for Uruguay, and so on. I have not enabled that yet, since we
are still a bit short on manpower. However. if we get some volunteers
who are ready to help out, I see no reason behind having a single
Spanish translation project.
Cheers,
Sayamindu

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 3:27 AM, Andres Cabrera <mantaraya36 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> What should I do when I find a string in pootle which has different usages
> in different spanish speaking countries? I was about to translate "Joke
> Machine" as "Máquina de chistes", which is what would be used in Colombia,
> but I'm pretty certain it would sound strange in Peru and Uruguay. Is there
> any way to make variations on some of the strings from a common base?
>
> Cheers,
> Andrés

Sayamindu Dasgupta