[Localization] [Announce] Pootle now fully open for translation

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 13:00:12 EST 2007

Hi all,

We are extremely happy to announce that the new translation
infrastructure at dev.laptop.org is now fully open for translation.
The URL of the on line translation and translation project management
software is http://dev.laptop.org/translate.
Administrative privileges have been granted to the following users for
the following languages:

Username    Languages
========    ===========
khaled   -- Arabic
YuanChao -- Chinese (Traditional)
simosx   -- Greek
carlo    -- Italian
shankar  -- Nepali
huda     -- Urdu

So if you want to translate for any of the above languages - you know
whom to contact :-).

(admins: please note that there are project wide administrative rights
as well as language specific admin rights. There is also a slightly
cluttered document for you at
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Pootle/Administration)

If you want to start a new team for your language, file a ticket at
http://dev.laptop.org under the category localisation (mention your
Pootle username and the language code you want to handle), and we'll
take care of assigning the relevant rights.

There's  a FAQ on the setup that we have at
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Pootle/FAQ

Some things to keep in mind while translating (aka, Known Issues):
1. The Commit and Update buttons (if you see them at all) will not work
until we make any further announcements. So please do not use them :-)
2. This is the first time we are opening up XO Core and XO Bundled for
translations. If you see anything odd - file a ticket (or even better,
ping us on #olpc-pootle on irc.freenode.net)

As a conclusion to this mail - we would like to thank everyone who has
been (directly or indirectly) involved in the process. It has been a
long battle with Pootle/Git/and whatnot - but in the end we have what
is, what we hope to be a much smoother and easier to manager translation
workflow for all software designed for the XO

Thank you again,
Warm regards and happy translating :-).
Sayamindu
(On behalf of the entire team working on the Pootle installation)

PS: As a personal 'PS', I would like to specially thank Xavi and Rafael
for working really hard on this - without them, this would not have been
possible

--
Sayamindu Dasgupta
http://sayamindu.randomink.org/ramblings