[Localization] How to make multiple writing character sets available?

Y.Sonoda sonoda at laptop-jp.org
Mon Dec 10 05:34:27 EST 2007

Hi! Korakurider and Alexander.

2007/12/10, Alexander Todorov <atodorov at redhat.com>:

> Korakurider wrote:
> >    + define the targetted audience for the first priority and populate
> > dictionary for them
> >    + populate it for another audience
> >    + try to support multiple variants for one language
> >

> Is it possible to use different .po files for Japanese.
> Ones with Hiragana, other with Kanji and other with Katakana?
> Then you'll have to configure the software locale as something as:
> jp_HR.UTF-8, jp_KN.UTF-8, jp_KT.UTF-8.

If that is Ok and there's no side effects, then that will be a very practical
idea as a solution, I guess. At this moment, I myself can not decide whether
to prepare jp_HR.UTF-8, etc by extending well-known convention.
I think I may have to discuss with other members, maybe Etoys Japanese
members so far.

Thank you very much Alexander.

Korakurider, what do you think about this idea?
Is there any side effects or should we explore alternative solution?

best regards,
Spiky