[LB-XO-LiveCD] Ver 8.2 November 12th 2008

misc miscellaneous at freenet.de
Thu Nov 20 07:39:11 EST 2008

Hi,

I've just tried to test the XO's Live CD.

I started with the one release on November 12th 2008. The System was
starting till the momen a white screene appeared with an black X. Then
the system stopped. the Cursor could be moved by the mouse, that's all.

Then I tried the Spetember releases (both 2nd and 19th). They are
working fine (although my display is not set up correctly. its working
with 1024x786 instead of 1440x990 (unknown display adaptor)

when i checked the boot screen I found 2 differences:

the November release is base on kernel 2.6.26.6 instead of 2.6.24.7
In the line loading essential kernel modules it says somwhat [5.216667]
ide io not free 0x1f0-0x1f7 and 0x170-0x177

Is this a known problem? Any fixes yet?

How can i set my display to the correct resolution?