[LB-XO-LiveCD] problems with .iso and Qemu

S Page info at skierpage.com
Tue Nov 11 21:28:50 EST 2008

wolfgang wrote:

> you have a littel typo in your qemu commandline.
> You must remove -hda because you do not have a
> hard disc.
But I do have a hard disk!  Is it that the live CD doesn't want to use it?

Anyway,
  qemu.exe -L . -m 512 -kernel-kqemu -soundhw es1370
   -net user -net nic,model=rtl8139 -cdrom XO-LiveCD_081106.iso
worked.  Thanks!

> Let me know about the performance.
Very slow to start Terminal or an Activity.  Once started it's not too bad.

> PS. I will follow your wiki page to read about your success :)

Anyone can edit a wiki, that's the point.
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/LiveBackup_XO-LiveCD belongs to no one, and
everyone.

On that page I added an emulation section, gave a working QEMU command
line and linked to your PDF.  ( The official path is
ftp://rohrmoser-engineering.de/pub/XO-LiveCD/ , right ?)

--
=S Page