[LB-XO-LiveCD] problems with .iso and Qemu

wolfgang mail at rohrmoser-engineering.de
Sat Nov 8 02:17:50 EST 2008

Hi,

you have a littel typo in your qemu commandline.
You must remove -hda because you do not have a
hard disc.

Hint. The minimal system requirements to start the XO-LiveCD
without modifications (you may press F1 in the boot screen to read more)
is 512MB of RAM. Therefor I recommend you should increase -m 256
to -m 512.

Let me know about the performance. My experience is that VirtualBox
on Windows will do a much better job.

regards
              Wolfgang

PS. I will follow your wiki page to read about your success :)

On Saturday 08 November 2008, S Page wrote:
> Hi, you may know me as someone who edits wiki.laptop.org pages.  I
> thought I'd try the LiveCD.
>
> I downloaded the .iso and tried to use it with Qemu/kqemu.  It didn't
> work, but I'm no qemu expert. My notes are in
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Talk:LiveBackup_XO-LiveCD , from them:
>
>  net start kqemu
>  qemu.exe -L . -m 256 -kernel-kqemu -soundhw es1370 -net user
>     -net nic,model=rtl8139 -hda -cdrom XO-LiveCD_081106.iso
                                               ^^^^