[LB-XO-LiveCD] problems with .iso and Qemu

S Page info at skierpage.com
Fri Nov 7 20:01:54 EST 2008

Hi, you may know me as someone who edits wiki.laptop.org pages.  I
thought I'd try the LiveCD.

I downloaded the .iso and tried to use it with Qemu/kqemu.  It didn't
work, but I'm no qemu expert. My notes are in
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Talk:LiveBackup_XO-LiveCD , from them:

 net start kqemu
 qemu.exe -L . -m 256 -kernel-kqemu -soundhw es1370 -net user
    -net nic,model=rtl8139 -hda -cdrom XO-LiveCD_081106.iso

fails with

 ata0 master: QEMU HARDDISK ATA-7 Hard-Disk (504 MBytes)
 ata1 master: QEMU CD-ROM ATAPI-4 CD-Rom/DVD-Rom
 Boot from Hard Disk 0 failed
 FATAL: Not a bootable disk

In "LiveCD 080902 is working!", s.boutayeb commented
   The emulation with VirtualBox runs fine with 1 Gb memory, but some
reason, I didnt managed to launch the image in Qemu

So maybe this is to be expected.

The XO-LiveCD release notes really should have more info about running
in an emulator, even if only a link to a wiki page.  Writing such wiki
pages is my life :-)

Regards,
 --
=S Page