[OLPC library] [Olpc-open] Photo licensing help?

Samuel Klein sj at laptop.org
Tue Mar 18 14:50:43 EDT 2008

Hello Clare,

Royalty-free photos are not acceptable; they do not allow redistribution
under many circumstances, nor do they allow derivation.

Please use images from the assorted free-content image collections out
there.

* Wikimedia Commons (over 1 million images, animations, audio, video):
http://commons.wikimedia.org
* Flickr (over 7 million CC-BY and 5 million CC-SA photos) :
http://flickr.com/creativecommons/
* openclipart : (over 10,000 tagged clipart images)
http://www.openclipart.org

And don't forget to take a look at Anthony Asael's ~120,000 images; he has
asked for projects interested in using his work:
* http://www.artinallofus.org/artimages/index.php

SJ

PS - Sorry we didn't get to meet last week... next time!