[OLPC library] Language selection

C.W. Holeman II cwhii_gm at julianlocals.com
Mon Jun 2 20:16:01 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 4:21 PM, Samuel Klein <meta.sj at gmail.com> wrote:
> Emle looks interesting.  Library bundles have a library.info file with

So, if library.info contains:

[Library]
name = "Emle"
library_version = 1
host_version = 1
l10n = false
locales = "en;es;he;"
category = "Math and science"
subcategory = "math"

Is it the case that Sugar would show Emle when the interface language is any
of English, Spanish or Hebrew, but when it is set to French Emle would not
be in the list of choices?

> metadata and a section for each language; you can have a separate index page
> for each language,

How does one differentiate the different language indexes? index_en.html?

> which is chosen according to the interface language you have set in Sugar.

Would a common index.html web page be able to determine what the current
interface language is? My method of browsing the lang directory would not be
the normal method one would want to use for OLPC if that is being handled
before getting to Emle's index.html page.

> Your js pages are effective, but they break "view source" a bit;

"a bit"? How about a lot? With Firefox there is a View Generated Source (VGS).
It would be nice if that were available.

> you might consider adding a link that shows the effective source of the page
> being viewed.

The source is dynamically generated. The only way I have ever seen it is with
the Firefox VGS feature or browsing with the DOM Inspector.

--
C.W.Holeman II | cwhii at JulianLocals.com | http://JulianLocals.com/cwhii
 To only a fraction of the human race does God give the privilege of