[OLPC library] Someday we have to get organized (Edward Cherli

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 15:52:26 EST 2008

David,

I like this idea for redesign (and something that can propagate
through the Math/Health/Music pages...)

For country-specific pages, perhaps we could make na example of Nepal,
including the server, classroom, and activity work they have been
doing -- since that is already openly available online (and being
discussed here).

We are reorganizing the wiki tomorrow afternoon (join us at 1600 in
#olpc and #olpc-content) through the weekend.

Please add to the redesign thoughts here:
    http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC:Wiki_organization

SJ

On Jan 31, 2008 3:37 PM, David Greisen <dgreisen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Content - in progress: (an area for people working on each subject to hash
> everything out, post working documents, etc.)
> * Links to content-specific wiki-pages (e.g.
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Health) *
>
> Countries: (area for people who are working on country-specific material, a
> place for people from content areas to come get country-specific answers)
>  * links to country-specif wiki-pages *

The Participate page needs a second-tier of similarly clean pages for
{content, software, educators, students} with this sort of
information:  that would be a good model for layout and subdivision.

> How to donate material
>  * Blurb with link to extensive how-to *
> How to contribute
> * Blurb with link to extensive how-to *
> How to translate
> * Blurb with link to extensive how-to *
>
> I think everything currently on or linked to the content page could be
> translated into this structure.

Agreed.

SJ