[OLPC library] Someday we have to get organized (Edward Cherli

David Greisen dgreisen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 15:37:37 EST 2008

I, too, am having this trouble. I think we could significantly reduce the
problem by changing the main content page, http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Content.
The content page gives no indication as to the current status of content on
olpc. I suggest that the page be reformatted to something like:

------------------------

Content - in progress: (an area for people working on each subject to hash
everything out, post working documents, etc.)
* Links to content-specific wiki-pages (e.g.
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Health) *

Countries: (area for people who are working on country-specific material, a
place for people from content areas to come get country-specific answers)
* links to country-specif wiki-pages *

Content - finalized (material that is ready to ship)
* table of completed content *

How to donate material
* Blurb with link to extensive how-to *
How to contribute
* Blurb with link to extensive how-to *
How to translate
* Blurb with link to extensive how-to *

I think everything currently on or linked to the content page could be
translated into this structure.

Comments? Criticisms? other suggestions?

David Greisen