[OLPC library] Someday we have to get organized (Edward Cherli

Bryan Berry bryan at olenepal.org
Thu Jan 31 15:09:12 EST 2008

Ed,

I really struggle w/ this myself. I have a lot of trouble communicating
what we are doing in Nepal and finding out what others are up to. We
need to facilitate better communication b/w the pilot countries, OLPC,
and volunteers. I suspect that the solution is only partly technical.
OLPC really needs a full-time community manager. SJ currently is the
community manager and director of Content. He just has way too much on
his plate.

OLPC should really consider hiring a full-time Community Manager. That
person would need to understand both the open-source hacker community
and field educators who don't use IRC, wikis, etc. but really care about
kids.

--
Bryan W. Berry
External Relations Manager