[OLPC library] Tentative Plans for Nepal's School Server and related infrastructure

Bryan Berry bryan at olenepal.org
Wed Jan 23 12:26:02 EST 2008

Nepali wikipedia is great as an encyclopedia but not for storing source
documents. When you look at wikipedia it usually has external links for
source documents.

Also, many of the source documents may not be available under Creative
Commons Attribution-SA. We will push for CC-by every chance we get but a
lot of copyright holders will probably require the No
Derivatives-NonCommerical clauses.

Alexander Todorov wrote:
>Bryan Berry wrote:
>
> 2. Digital Library
> There isn't much Nepali digital content on the Internet so part of OLE
> Nepal's work will be to digitize poems, literature, histories, etc.
and
> store them "somewhere." Finding the right "somewhere," turned out to
be
> more difficult than we thought. We needed a repository that could
> support multiple front-ends, w/ simpler front-ends for novice users
and
> more complex front-ends for the people that will load content into the
> repository.

Errr, not sure if I really follow but... Why not contribute the
material
to the Nepali version of Wikipedia? Isn't that the primary source for
content for the XO? This way everybody benefits.

--
Bryan W. Berry
External Relations Manager