[OLPC library] Ahoy from Cambodia

Paul Stewart paul at mouthtosource.net
Tue Jan 8 22:58:06 EST 2008

Dear List,

It's my first post here so be gentle...

I've just finished a CD entitled 'Le Grand Tour d'Angkor' and it's an
interactive panoramic tour of the Temples of Angkor here in Cambodia.

Pictures are by myself and words by <www.heritagewatch.org>

Currently, the panoramas (120 +) are all in QuickTime which I believe is not
supported on the XO machine.

Over the last year or so the 'flash' player has been able to support both
cubic (so you can see the ceiling and your shoes laces) and more recently
cylindrical panoramas.

<www.flashpanoramas.com>

My goal is to migrate from QuickTime to Flash for version 2 of the CD.

This will take a considerable amount of time but would like to ask what is
the latest (highest) version of the flash player that the XO will handle?

It's a technical issue for me.

Anyone with any experience of running panoramas on the the XO?

I would like to offer this content to the OLPC project (particularly for the
Cambodian contingent) and would be glad to offer the hosting.

... And while I'm here, how would I initiate an exchange program for OPLC
participants (of mixed media) where each class room writes a few stories
about their local river? A simple comparison between a class/group in one
country and another?

Everyone's got a local river and I'm happy to host this too. Infact, that's
the whole point of Mouth to Source.

I would like to encourage all of us (and provide the publishing mechanism)
to be guardians of our environment and to use water (rivers and canals) as
the metaphor, simply travelling the globe (and each and every river on it)
upstream and downstream.

Take a peek at www.mouthtosource.net/waterlog if you have a mo.

You can travel over 2,000 kms of The Mekong from Vietnam to close to the
border with China (requires QuickTime).

Only another 2,400 kms to go!

Best regards and thanks to all meantime, Paul

P.s. This is all self funded so there are no adverts and there is no
corporate involvement. It's a project I believe in 150%.

www.mouthtosource.net | For the greatest journeys on Earth

'geotourism (n): Tourism that sustains or enhances the geographical
character of a place -- its environment, culture, aesthetics, heritage,
and the well-being of its residents.'

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail contains proprietary information some or all of
which may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If
an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please
notify the author by replying to this e-mail. If you are not the intended
recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print, or rely on
this e-mail.