[Internships] Nicaragua intership

Bryan Stuart bstuart at laptop.org
Thu Jan 28 17:49:42 EST 2010

Hi Ross,

Thanks for your e-mail. To answer your questions:

1. Participants must be 18 years old by the time they begin their
internship.
2. We're still working with Nicaragua to determine their needs. An important
part of this program is that our Interns are flexible and able to help
country partners in a variety of ways, in a variety of locations.
3. We're looking for proficiency in the local language (i.e., Spanish for
Nicaragua). Fluency is helpful, but not required.

I hope these help.

Best,

Bryan

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 4:33 PM, Ross Kinkade <drummerguy769 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a couple questions about your internship program in Nicaragua.
>
> First, what is the minimum age? I am currently 17, but in the application,
> it asks if I am 18.
>
> Next, where would the internship be in the country? I know that there is
> one OLPC program in Rivas, but I was wondering if there was one in Managua,
> since I have connections there that can most likely provide me with housing.
>

> Also, Is fluency in Spanish required?
>
> I hope that you can get back to me as soon as possible. I am very
> interested in an internship in Nicaragua.
>
> Ross Kinkade

Bryan Stuart
One Laptop per Child
OLPCorps: http://laptop.org/en/olpcorps/