[Internships] Fw: OLPC for Haiti - Thomassique

Nia Lewis nia at laptop.org
Thu Jan 28 17:12:53 EST 2010

i got this one
----- Forwarded by Nia Lewis/MITMediaLab on 01/28/10 05:25 PM -----

"McCormick, Patrick" <pmccormick at fulbright.com>
Sent by: internships-bounces at lists.laptop.org
01/28/10 04:51 PM

"'internships at laptop.org'" <internships at laptop.org>
cc

Subject
[Internships] OLPC for Haiti - Thomassique

Hello,

I'm working on several projects for Haiti, specifically ones benefiting
the educational outcomes of Haitian Children in a small town called
Thomassique.   The need is so great but the resources are so few.  There
is no electricity; most of the schools work without instructional
resources; most of the instruction consists of about 40 kids sitting on
benches with a 10" bench table in front of them listening to the teacher
and watching him/her write on a free-standing blackboard.  Only the
richest schools have textbooks and few kids have paper to take notes.

How can I get involved with the OLPC Program?

Thank you,
Patrick
Patrick J. McCormick, Manager of Information Technology
FULBRIGHT & Jaworski L.L.P. • 801 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W. • Washington,
D.C. 20004-2623
T: 202 662 4773 • F: 202 662 4643 • pmccormick at fulbright.com •
www.fulbright.com
*****
This email message and any attachments are for the sole use of the
intended recipient(s) and contain confidential and/or privileged
sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message and
any attachments.
To reply to our email administrator directly, send an email to
postmaster at fulbright.com.
Fulbright & Jaworski L.L.P.
www.fulbright.com
*****