[OLPC India] Windows on OLPC XO 1.5

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 16:13:47 EDT 2012

On Sat, Sep 29, 2012 at 3:22 PM, Satish Jha <sjha at vsnl.com> wrote:
> Walter,
>
> At this stage I am not even looking for rationale. Anyone trying to reach an
> audience has to address their concerns. They will learn the way they do. Can
> you force their learning?
>
> We can conclude India is not ready or walk with India at the pace it learns.
>
> Puritanism has its charm and consequences for those we want to help. That
> has kept OLPC from 5 batches of India's children and 95 percent of them get
> little education worth anything that help them join the world as we know.
>
> What do you suggest? Keep them from the dreams that olpc dreamt but could
> not even share with those it dreamt for?
>
> Regards
> Sent from BlackBerry® on Airtel

At its heart, this is a technical issue. It is not obvious that
Windows 8 can run on the XO hardware. And if it is possible, it will
require a significant investment to do the port. So asking for a
rationale for making this investment is not a matter of Puratism, it
is a mater of pragmatism.

regards.

-walter

--