[OLPC India] Spares and XO purchases

Wed Feb 24 00:25:24 EST 2010

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 11:29 AM, Nagarjuna G <nagarjun at gnowledge.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 1:47 AM, Saurabh Adhikari <adhikaris at hotmail.com> wrote:
>> In case any existing XO user schools need spare parts etc, they may order
>> their requirements through OLPC India by emailing sujay at olpcindia.net .
>>
>> Similarly, OLPC XOs may be ordered in India exclusively by emailing OLPC
>> India Foundation at sujay at olpcindia.net .
>>
>> The requests must meet the five values of OLPC, viz., Early Adoption, Child
>> Ownership, Saturation, Open Source and Networked environment and must be for
>> deployment in schools with details of the schools and should be at an
>> acceptable scale.
>>

> We have been conducting sugar training sessions, several people are
> willing to get XO for their schools.  Can you clarify what number will
> quality "acceptable scale"?  several village schools in India have
> students less than 100 students.  If we have to club several schools
> in order to get your definition of acceptable scale, it may be
> difficult.  Please clarify?

Interesting to read that you did not ask for a deeper explanations of
the values and, just asked for a definition of "acceptable". On a
personal note, I'd have been more eager to understand how the present
of the values would be measured and quantified to make the request be
considered for "acceptance".

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<http://sankarshan.randomink.org/blog>