[OLPC India] Crazy ideas rock my mind... :)

Gaurav Chachra gaurav.ssc at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 22:22:45 EDT 2008

Hi!

I agree with Marc. Cross activity collaboration will be confusing. During
the whole designing of Sugar, it must be kept in mind that there are not
much complexities involved in the final GUI. As more and more of such things
add up, the children will start losing interest in using it. And that I
believe will have serious consequences. If a child once gets to feel that XO
is difficult to use, he might not get encouraged to use it again.

Otherwise, the concept of video animations is definitely nice and will make
learning fun. Such kind of animations used to be broadcast on Doordarshan.
Remember, Ek chidiya, anek chidiya?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK_TnmNJqao

Many such animations must be available in the market, but those of
Doordarshan used to mainly target rural India and were very simple & nice.

Gaurav Chachra