[OLPC India] Crazy ideas rock my mind... :)

Marc Valentin mvalentin at oeuvredespains.org
Fri Jul 11 16:45:57 EDT 2008

Hi Amit,
Cross-activity communication and other new XO features could be nice
but I am not sure this is something really needed right now. Also, I
don't think the concept of cross-activity could be easily thought to
"small" children. It is too confusing specially for children who are
totally new to computers and other technological devices (I am
thinking about Khairat children or those of our school in Dugawar).
Many things can be already done with Etoys without anything added. I
am particularly interested by the work done by Waveplace. They work in
Haïti and they are currently preparing a full course to learn using
Etoys.
Do you know that work ? If not, have a look urgently here :
http://waveplace.com/resources/tutorials/
Access to the full list of lessons can be given by emailing Timothy
Falconer (timothy at waveplace.com).
-marc-
http://www.OeuvreDesPains.org