[OLPC India] Use of X Window System & Matchbox Window Manager

ASWATHY PRASAD aswathyp1986 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 06:41:53 EST 2008

Hi,

What is the use of X Window System and the Matchbox window? It is said that
the laptop runs the Fedora 7 Linux distribution; on top of the X Window
System and the Matchbox window manage we run a novel Sugar user interface
and support library, supporting a core set of "activities" or applications.
Why is it so?

Does the Draw activity works with the touchpad? Similar to paint in Windows
where we use the mouse to draw.
How many other drawing applications are there in OLPC? Also the word
applications. Is Write or Abiword is used as a word application in OLPC?

If we connect a Wacom graphics tablet in the USB port of OLPC will it
detect?

aswathy