[OLPC India] Our Experience at IIT, Roorkee

Gaurav Chachra gaurav.ssc at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 13:57:30 EDT 2008

Hello Everybody

On 24th March, *OISC* (OLPC India Student Chapter) team delivered another
presentation at IIT, Roorkee. We had delivered one earlier at IIT on 28th
March during their annual technical festival.

This time the students who attended the presentation were members of NSS
(National Service Scheme), an organization that works on numerous projects
of social service. And the OLPC IIT Roorkee Chapter came into effect. As a
part of our continued efforts towards spreading awareness about OLPC, we
consider this as a major step forward.

Not just that, a guy from an organization Pratham (www.pratham.org) was also
present there. Pratham is an organization that is very actively involved in
providing primary education to rural areas. It has a presence in about 21
states. OISC is seriously exploring the possibilities of collaborating with
Pratham to promote OLPC in India.

Our team also attended the presentation of NSS, IIT Roorkee. It was really
great to learn about the activities of NSS. The students of IIT undertook
the task of teaching the children of construction workers at IIT campus who
were migrated from their homes and could not go to school. And they did it
with utmost sincerity throughout the past year. Attending the presentation
was really a great experience!

I'll keep updating you about all the developments.

Gaurav Chachra
OLPC India Student Chapter