[Http-crcsync] General comments on crcsync document

Pedro Ribeiro pedrib at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 13:35:18 EST 2010

On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 12:03 PM, Gervase Markham <gerv at mozilla.org> wrote:
> On 30/12/09 10:25, Martin Langhoff wrote:
>> On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 9:59 AM, Alex Wulms <alex.wulms at scarlet.be> wrote:
>>> The only important point not yet well implemented in the apache crcsync
>>> modules is the handling of etag (it is not yet implemented as previously
>>> discussed) and re-compressing the content by crcsync-client. I'll add this
>>> part to the code.
>>
>> Yay! Woohoo!
>>
>> WRT the Firefox GSoC... there are some updates here
>> http://firefoxcrcsync.wordpress.com/ - I think the dev is Yin Qiu, so
>> CC'd...
>
> No, the developer was Pedro Ribiero: eusou15 at yahoo.com (CCed). I haven't
> heard from him since the end of GSoC unfortunately. Perhaps he can
> update us on his progress? :-)
>
> Gerv

Hi all,

sorry for the late reply, just arrived today.

Progress is going slowly, I haven't had much time!

There is a lot to do, as there has been a lot of activity in the
http-crcsync git. The firefox-crcsync code only reflects what was done
till 2009-07-30. On top of this, most of the GSOC code was pretty much
non-working except in special conditions, these also need to be
cleaned.

I need a couple of weeks to get the code properly working again and
implement the changes above. I'll keep you guys posted on the
progress...

... and ask stupid questions!

Regards,
Pedro