[Http-crcsync] General comments on crcsync document

Alex Wulms alex.wulms at scarlet.be
Sun Jan 3 16:17:45 EST 2010

I have checked-in an updated version of the server module and the protocol
document. The server now updates the ETag header as previously discussed.
That is: it appends -crcsync-<original-encoding>, with <original-encoding>
the content-encoding that was used by the origin server.

Basically, the server now properly implements all mandatory response headers.

The optional 'Crcsync-Similar' and 'Capability' headers are still missing.
I'll add them in the course of the coming week(s).

The client-module (I did not change it now but just for your information)
currently understands all mandatory headers. Though, it does not yet
re-encode the content with the original content-encoding before delivering to
the downstream client. It simply delivers it in 'identity' content-encoding.
Re-encoding the content is a future enhancement.

PS: I made some error during the git push. There are now two different labels
in the repo. An 'origin/master' label on the latest push by Toby and
a 'master' label on the latest push by myself. I hope this does not confuse
clients when doing a 'git pull' or so. Furthermore, I don't know how to fix
the labels in the repository. Git is still somehow a mystery to me.

Cheers,
Alex