[Health] Introductions to Health Digest

Jennifer DeBoer deboer.jennifer at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 16:59:07 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I am happy to hear about so much interest in this group!  My name is
Jennifer DeBoer, and I am currently a graduate student in education policy.
I am interested in the use of technology in resource-deficient areas, so
OLPC is a major area of interest for me.  I started getting involved in 2007
when I began looking into the possibility of an HIV/AIDS learning activity
for children in rural Mozambique (http://wiki.laptop.org/go/User:Jumpbean).

I have made a start at the activity that I want to beta-test this winter,
but I am still struggling through the creation of a workable product.  I
would love to contribute by offering my perspective from the educational
research and international development side of things, and I would love to
get support in finishing this first activity and continuing to develop
better interventions for health and education!

Best,

Jennifer