[Health] Hello from a new member and question

Tribley, Lloyd tribleyl at ahca.myflorida.com
Fri Mar 28 16:04:35 EDT 2008

Hi ~ I am new to the OLPC health list so I hope I do not ask a question
already addressed. I just received my laptop a few days ago.

By way of introduction I wear multiple hats (like most of us). I work
for the State of FL in the Office of Health Information Technology
(HIT). We are the office moving forward HIT/HIE initiatives along with
our RHIOs. "On the side," my wife and I have Tribley~Wu & Associates and
we focus on collaborative initiatives in China in the HIT field,
translation/interpreter services and economic development. I have also
worked - somewhat - with the VA VistA system which is being deployed by
one of our RHIOs to a variety of health clinics in underserved areas. I
also have a strong background in health policy, education and training
of paraprofessional health workers, the disability field, rural
community development, and accessible electronic and information
technology for persons with disabilities of all ages. I hope to finish a
TESOL graduate program later this year.

I wanted to ask if anyone will be attending the upcoming ATA
telemedicine conference in Seattle April 6-8. If so I hope you can share
telemedicine/telehealth developments/innovations with the members and
the OLPC Wiki. I'm also interested if anyone will be presenting or
attending HIMSS AsiaPac in Hong Kong this year. Both programs offer a
great opportunity for OLPC exposure. I will be presenting at the
upcoming Pacific Rim Conference on Disabilities in April and will take
my OLPC along to begin exposing the international disability community
to the program. I will also be presenting to the HIMSS FL Chapter in
May. If you have any recommendations for me they are surely appreciated.
I am also looking for an OLPC approved PowerPoint I can use along with
material I can distribute.

Thank you for you patience with a new member! :-)

Lloyd...
-----
Lloyd J. Tribley, MS
CAIT ATACP
Florida Center for Health Information and Policy Analysis
Office of Health Information Technology
Agency for Health Care Administration
Tallahassee, FL 32308
Work: +1.850.414.9634