[Health] Hello from a new member and question

Arjun Sarwal arjun at laptop.org
Sat Mar 29 14:42:43 EDT 2008

Hello Tribley,

I am glad to know of your interest, welcome to the OLPC-Health
project. This is the correct place to introduce yourself and ask
questions, please feel free to do so and initiate and participate in
related discussions!

As a start you might like to see information on some existing projects
and people on the following wiki pages. Some of these are similar to
the  projects that you talk about in your email
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Health (overview, projects)
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Health/Vision (vision statement)
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Health/People (people involved, you might
like to add your name there)

I don't know if anyone would be attending the conferences that you
have mentioned about. However it'd be great if you could present about
the work and plans of the OLPC-Health initiative. As far as I know (I
speak as an individual) volunteers are free to use all materials off
the OLPC wiki page, and are encouraged to make presentations ,
participate in community building activities and encourage interested
participations and organizations to contribute and get involved.

Not related to the recent health project, but presentations that
people have made about OLPC over the past are here
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Presentations

There is also an upcoming Health Jam towards the end of April that
Seth, Mel and many others are organizing. Also, you might like to post
on the list if you have questions about any specific projects that you
might like to cover more in detail in your presentation.

Once again, thank you for your support and interest, we look forward
to working with you.

regards
Arjun