[Health] Thanks for the Great Feedback!

Mel Chua metamel at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 01:28:32 EDT 2008

> Yes, I would love to have a OLPC presentation in Chinese say in about 30
> to 90 days.

Awesome. Can you remind me about this in about a week when I'm back in
Boston? I'll be in a much better position to get presentation resources then
- it'll be a self-running overview of OLPC and getting involved in general,
though if you want a Health-specific segment I can try to put one in (my
Mandarin vocabulary for medical terms is nonexistent, though). A good,
self-running overview presentation is something we should have for ease of
grassroots outreach, anyway.

Mel, I'd be happy to start on the conversion of one of the children's books
> to see how it turns out.
>
> Thanks! http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Childrens_Health_Books is the link;
Chris found and posted (thanks, Chris!) links to all the books there, and we
don't really have a good process for digitizing/converting these beyond the
brief strawman outline I posted on that page, so if you can take one of the
books and try to figure out a good process for doing the rest, and use that
first book as an example to show others how to do it, that would be
incredibly helpful.

We've got some new developers from Linuxfest Northwest who are looking for
ways to contribute, so if anyone has development (mostly software) that they
want done with a good solid overview of what needs to be implemented, and
has time to mentor a new contributor in getting started with XO dev, Iain
and I might be able to find you folks. Holler back.

-Mel