[Health] Thanks for the Great Feedback!

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 11:52:35 EDT 2008

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 9:33 AM, Tribley, Lloyd <tribleyl at ahca.myflorida.com>
wrote:

>   On VistA I'll go ahead and contact Indian Health Services. I believe
> they have actual implementation training available. I also have a message
> into our VistA technical expert.

Looks like IHS uses something they call RPMS
http://www.ihs.gov/CIO/EHR/

that uses VISTA Imaging elements
http://www.ihs.gov/CIO/EHR/index.cfm?module=enhancement_development

and has otherwise been hooked up to be VISTA-compatible for intra-agency
recordkeeping
http://www.ihs.gov/PublicInfo/Publications/HealthProvider/issues/prov0699.pdf

> If you have the contact with the Dept. of Global Health conference I can
> follow up on the health care side. I met a representative from the UN
> Secretariat at my last presentation who indicated she would network me to
> the WHO and possibly an NGO following up the children with disability piece.
> We'll see what happens. At the conference we were dealing with issues on the
> Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities and the International
> Bill of Human Rights.

Here's a rich hunting ground for info on "Disability, inclusion and
development"
http://www.asksource.info/res_library/disability.htm

And with Hesperian Foundation cooperation already established, this is a
good candidate
http://www.dinf.ne.jp/doc/english/global/david/dwe002/dwe00201.htm

Plus,it's already available in Spanish
http://www.healthwrights.org/books/ENCDonline.htm