[Health] Thanks for the Great Feedback!

Tribley, Lloyd tribleyl at ahca.myflorida.com
Fri Apr 25 09:33:43 EDT 2008

I want to thank everyone for their great feedback to my initial
activities email.

On VistA I'll go ahead and contact Indian Health Services. I believe
they have actual implementation training available. I also have a
message into our VistA technical expert.

Yes, there is interest in exploring the XO as a tool for telehealth
applications. As an FYI after presenting at HIMSS Singapore last year
Intel of Australia (sorry for using their name) showed me a prototype
telehealth device very similar in size and shape (even with the handle)
to the XO but it was designed as a tablet with touch screen.

Intel is also hosting a Webex on Measuring the Value of Mobility at the
Point of Care if anyone's interested. It's on April 30, 2:00 PM Eastern.
Let me know and I will email you their email registration announcement.

Yes, I would love to have a OLPC presentation in Chinese say in about 30
to 90 days. I'm trying to get on the agenda for a national conference in
Nanning sponsored by the Chinese Hospital Information Management
Association (CHIMA). It's too early to tell if this will work out.
However, I can at least get the material to my contacts by email and
follow up with a Skype call. My wife speaks Mandarin, Cantonese, and
Sichuanese but she's a little shy on text translation at the moment -
though I'm bugging her. :-) I have some professional translation
software that might help get her started.

If you have the contact with the Dept. of Global Health conference I can
follow up on the health care side. I met a representative from the UN
Secretariat at my last presentation who indicated she would network me
to the WHO and possibly an NGO following up the children with disability
piece. We'll see what happens. At the conference we were dealing with
issues on the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities and
the International Bill of Human Rights.

Mel, I'd be happy to start on the conversion of one of the children's
books to see how it turns out.

As another FYI I'm following up on initial interest from the FL Dept of
Health. They have a consumer health education program and might have
some material for use by consumers and educators. They typically have
translations in Spanish and Creole. I also have initial interest form
the FL LambdaRail (http://www.flrnet.org/) They are part of the National
LambdaRail (NLR) system. I hope to have a meeting with them next week.

May 4 is good for me on the conference call.

Thanks, Lloyd...