[OLPC-GSoC] GSoC '08

crosvera crosvera at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 00:14:08 EDT 2008

Hello people,

As others, this mail it's for introducing myself, my name is Carlos Ríos
V. I'm a chilean student, my university is "Universidad del Bío-Bío",
and I study "Ingeniería de Ejecución en Computación e Informática", I'm
a Linux user, and a diffuser about FLOSS, at the beginning of this year
I was in my own project, call "BD-LTSP" (Brecha Digital y Linux Terminal
Server Project), my project was about use the LTSP technology on schools
to save money and buy more PC and improve the servers, and providing
educational contents to the childs, and specialiced software to use in
class (for teachers and kids), I was working with people across the
country, but now ,the project it's sleeping near to death, thats it's my
experience with FLOSS and Schools. I'm motivated to help the OLPC
project because the aims are relationated with my philosophy and I think
that is good for everybody.

My programming experience, it's that I know PHP, C, and now I'm playing
with Python, my knowledge about Linux systems began when I was on School
(I had 13 years old), so I have some experience.

The idea that I want work on it, it's design the XS's admin interface,
to release it, I want get all the feedback as posible with all the
requeriments, but I know that a Web-interface is not a beat to CLI or
comand line based config files, but I think that a web-tool may help to
get a fast config with daily tasks (adding users, close ports, logs
reviews, and so on).

Finally I hope that my help may be succesful for all the OLPC project.

Cheers :)

PS: Sorry if my english it's not so good
--
Carlos Ríos V.
Estudiante de Ing. de Ejec. en Comp. e Inf.