[Grassroots-l] eKindling's Half year Project Updates

Marife Mago marife.mago at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 15:52:31 EDT 2010

Hello Everyone,

We're glad to share  that eKindling's education project is progressing and
is on schedule for the initial deployment in Sept, 2010.

*~~eKindling Half Year  Updates~~*

*1.  XS pre-training and installation*

Mitchel Seaton of OLPC-Aus is conducting the XS pre-training and visiting
Lubang site. He'll be in the Philippines from June 21 - July 22, 2010.
Thanks Mitch! Enjoy Siargao!

http://twitter.com/meatrack

*2. Debrief Notes: 5-day eKindling Training of Teachers (TOTs)*

The training was participated by 3 teachers from Lubang Integrated School
(LIS), 1 teacher from Maligaya Elementary School (a satellite school of
LIS), Regional Department of Education superintendent, Principal of LIS, 4
incoming 4th graders and their parents, 4 Municipal employees of Lubang, and
a handful of eKindling volunteers.

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/EKindling/TeacherTrainingDebrief<http://wiki.laptop.org/go/EKindling/TeacherTraining>

Highlights here:

Vernacular is spectacular
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/EKindling/TeacherTrainingDebrief#.22Vernacular_is_spectacular.22

Curiosity at play
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/EKindling/TeacherTrainingDebrief#.22Curiosity_at_play.22

This is OUR project
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/EKindling/TeacherTrainingDebrief#.22This_is_OUR_project.22

Champion Teachers
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/EKindling/TeacherTrainingDebrief#.22Champion_Teachers.22

*3.  Muzcovado Project - MOA signing with Asia Pacific College*

"The Muscovado project aims to develop localized educational content for,
and support deployments of, the Sugar Learning Platform in the Philippines.
By promoting the innovative use of this technology, we hope to encourage
collaborative learning and critical thinking, leading to a quality education
for our children."

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Muscovado_Project

http://tinyurl.com/26xwbpw

*4.  The first 100 XO Laptops were purchased for  OLPC/eKindling deployment
in the Philippines! *

*5.  eKindling is now officially incorporated in the Philippines!
*

Watch out for our upcoming events. Interested to be part of this deployment
email us at community at ekindling.org or plz free to  contact me.

--
Cheers,
@marife