[Grassroots-l] OLPC NYC/Bronx Brunch - TOPIC: East/West Africa - Sun July 25

Holt holt at laptop.org
Wed Jun 30 13:29:45 EDT 2010

Why:

   OLPC/Sugar community volunteers working in East Africa (Uganda,
   Kenya, Tanzania, Ethiopia, etc) updating each/others working in West
   Africa (Ghana, Togo, Benin, Burkina Faso, etc) on their progress.

   The restaurant is a few blocks away from where the famous incident
   of Guinean immigrant Amadou Diallo occurred.  The restaurant building
   is connected to the NYS Assemblyman Diaz clinic named after Diallo.

   We might even allow discussion of Sao Tome & Principe from
   http://bethstepsup.blogspot.com since Beth is in fact flying thru
   NYC on her way back from Africa, exactly then :)

   12 NOON
   Sunday July 25th

Location:

   Fouta Food Corp Restaurant
   1762 Westchester Ave (Subway #6 Uptown Bronx St. Lawrence station)
   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/6_%28New_York_City_Subway_service%29
   Between Commonwealth & St Lawrence Aves.
   Bronx NY 10472

   Tel: 718 792 1700
   Owner / Manager: Amadou

Menu:

   We've spoken to Amadou and he intends to provide West African's best.
   The menu is very affordable.  He'll be glad to know what would be
   your favorite dishes, wishing the very best for our team!

Please forward as appropriate, joining our open-community conversation: