[Grassroots-l] The Information Train

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 16:03:15 EST 2009

Dear Mr. Spinellis,

Your film is of great interest, but some of us can't easily view Flash
video, especially on the XO ;-)

Would you consider making your film available in the Ogg Theora format?

It's easy to transcode from DV or MPEG with the ffmpeg2theora tool
(http://v2v.cc/~j/ffmpeg2theora/), for example (assuming 4:3 PAL and
with Ogg container metadata):

$ ./ffmpeg2theora finalcut.dv -x 352 -y 288 -v 2 -S 0 -K 128 -c 1 -H
32000 –artist 'Diomidis D. Spinellis (http://www.spinellis.gr)' –title
'The Information Train' -date 'February 17, 2009' –location 'Wizards
of Science 2009' –organization '' –copyright '(c) 2009 Diomidis D.
Spinellis' –license 'Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0
(Greece License http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/gr/)' -o
finalcut.theora.ogg

thanks
Sean Daly