[Grassroots-l] [support-gang] Change the World (FAST!)

Samuel Klein sj at laptop.org
Mon Feb 9 11:26:28 EST 2009

Hi Holger,

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 8:59 AM, Holger Levsen <holger at layer-acht.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I can say that the decission to cease g100 and g1000 also caused irritations
> and frustrations at olpc germany.
>
> Sure, large deployments are cooler^wmore important, and the developing world
> is (and should be) the focus, but "killing the non-developing-world market"
> doesnt seem like a good idea to me.

It's not about being more important or cooler; just that there haven't
been that many of these requests over the past year, keeping a formal
program open has its costs, and we need to focus for the coming
months.   If OLPC Germany knows of a good project that you support and
want to get started, I hope this will not keep you from talking to
people to get it off the ground.   There have always been exceptions
(I am thinking of the Duke and S. Africa projects, for instance) and
support from a strong local chapter & long-term potential make a
difference.

SJ