[Grassroots-l] [support-gang] Change the World (FAST!)

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Mon Feb 9 14:30:13 EST 2009

Hi Samuel,

On Montag, 9. Februar 2009, Samuel Klein wrote:
> If OLPC Germany knows of a good project that you support and
> want to get started, I hope this will not keep you from talking to
> people to get it off the ground.

It makes the perception very different and very difficult. If it seems like I
can only get laptops via knowing the right people (which I'm not 100% sure I
do..), which seems like an obscure way of doing business, many education
departmants will just go to a serious dealer. Being only able to choose
between 100 or 1000 units was bad enough (when we had schools interested in
getting 50 or 60), but now I have to explain, "yes, those programms dont
exist anymore, but maybe we can still get some despite of this" which doesnt
really sound serious.

Sorry, but this is how OLPC looks in old europe.

(And you have to keep in mind that without proper keyboards (aka german ones
in this case) noone is really considering more than one or two classroom
sets. Together with the above, it's gotten quite frustrating.)

regards,
	Holger