[Grassroots-l] OLPC in Kindergarten

Christoph Derndorfer e0425826 at student.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Apr 29 17:36:31 EDT 2009

Hola Alejandro,

I'm currently not aware of any other OLPC or Sugar projects working with
children at that age. Most pilots and deployments currently seem to be
focused on primary-school children (age 6 to 10).

What kind of educational activities did you have in mind?

One really great activity is the TypingTurtle
(http://activities.sugarlabs.org/en-US/sugar/addon/4026), the Memory
activity also seems to be really popular with the the first-graders in
our small Austrian OLPC / Sugar pilot.

By the way, I'm also copying the "It's an education project"
mailing-list (http://lists.sugarlabs.org/listinfo/iaep), people there
might have some good pointers for you.

Hope that helps,
Christoph