[Grassroots-l] OLPC in Kindergarten

Alejandro Fernandez alejandro.fernandez at lifia.info.unlp.edu.ar
Tue Apr 21 12:42:19 EDT 2009

Hi,
     I'd like to get in contact with those using XOs with kids under 5.

     I am helping a group of kindergarten teachers use a pair of OLPC
I got for them. Last year we made a small experience teaching kids to
use the XO to take pictures and video. Then, they took the XO home,
taught their family how to use it, recorded greetings, and browsed the
greetings and pictures left by other families. They enjoyed it.

    This year we are planning to use them as educational tool (that
is, adding value not just technology).

    Pointers to books, blogs, pedagogical patterns, activities, and
notes are welcomed.

Regards,
Alejandro

--
Dr. Alejandro Fernández
LIFIA - Laboratorio de Investigación y Formación en Informática Avanzada

Phone: +54 221 4228252 Ext: 223
e-mail: alejandro.fernandez at lifia.info.unlp.edu.ar