[Grassroots-l] personal Re: Experience w/ using GPS with XO laptops

Steve Holton sph0lt0n at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 09:04:07 EDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 10:24 PM, Jeff Mascornick <jjm4114 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I would like to rephase my question please. I understand that there are many
> issues involved with XOs and all of that ----- I am wondering if any one
> knows whether GPS units/software will be compatible with the newest versions
> of XO laptops.

"...newest versions of XO laptops."

You might need to clarify your question to get good feedback.

Are you asking about the already-released XO-1 hardware model, the
yet-to-be-developed XO-2 hardware model, or about a particular
software release version (and which one) for the XO's?

Specifically, you should let the list know whether you are looking for
GPS software to run under Linux or Windows.

It appears you're looking for Windows software (since Arcmap is
Windows based) and I don't think many people in the Grassroots
community have had any access to XO's running Windows.

--
Steve Holton
Moderator: OLPC Grassroots list.
sph0lt0n at gmail.com